cover

Gareth Clear a man from Sydney who is an iphone 6 user and who suffered severe burns due to the explosion of his iphone 6.

Gareth Clear underwent skin graft at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney. According to Clear, the smartphone exploded when he fell from his bike landing on the iphone 6 which caught fire immediately due to the dangerous lithium-ion batteries.

The rear panel of the smartphone was totally damaged with metal bending and all the lithium leaking out of the bottom end, the top was perfectly intact said Gareth Clear.

The company says that an investigation would be carried into the incident.